Thursday, August 3, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 Day 3: 1st purchase this year

 My buddy Dave Chapman is a comedian. For today's #RPGaDay2023 entry, he wants to know what the first game I purchased this year was. Dave doesn't realize that I spend a lot of money on games. Yes, my wife knows. No, I don't need to go to meetings (unless those meetings involve more playing more RPGs!). 

The first corebook I ever bought was probably the Rules Cyclopedia or 1st Edition AD&D. It's been so long, I don't remember. My first GM, Aaron, had the Basic D&D core book. 


My big purchases have been the following. First up, Alien





Then, there's Korg and Korg Slayer. It's a solo-ttrpg game.


For Bronze Age love that isn't Runequest, I picked up Jackals.




And I purchased my first dice tower from Fyre & Ashe. It's a hollow, wooden book with tentacles on the cover. The tower is inside looks like it is a castle wall.


The big deal this year is Wasted Lands: The Dreaming Age (still available for pre-order). It's the new game from Elf Lair. The setting post-apocalyptic fantasy where the characters have a spark of something different to them. I wrote the quick start for it (free, $0).




So, there you go. 

No comments: