Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#RPGaDay #MostOldSchoolRPGOwned

#RPGaDay #MostOldSchoolRPGOwned

Traveller – little black book edition. . . in the original LBB format, and the reproduced landscape edition. . . and Megatraveller, and New Era,and T5 (and 2300 if you think it’s part of the universe). I know I don’t own Traveller d20 or the new Big Black Book. I own a GURPs book or two for it and I picked up Hammer’s Slammers and Judge Dredd, which use the Mongoose Traveller rules. I have several boxes of books and maps for this game. I even have boxed set miniatures rules and ships for the game.


So, um, yeah, I like Traveller. Yet, as much as I like it, I have played it the least, among the sci-fi games I have played. I think I like it the most as it has the most “open” feel said sci-fi games and I found it very inspiring to be able to sit there and create whole vistas of places to travel. Star Wars, Fading Suns, and Dark Heresy all have their worlds mapped out for you. Yes, you can create your own, but they don’t have the charts or the math involved like Traveller.

No comments: